Monday, February 21, 2011

A trip down memory lane

Today I transferred all the photos from the 4-gig memory card in our camera to our external hard drive because the 4-gig memory card was full. That's a lot of photos! As I was doing this, I took a few moments to browse through the pictures I'd already saved onto the external hard drive. I'm so thankful for all the pictures we have; I love looking at them and remembering. Since I'm not feeling particularly creative today, I thought for my blog I'd post my five favorite pictures from the past--as least from the recent past (in other words, after digital cameras came along). So here they are, with commentary.

June 2004. This is a lotus flower from Wei Ming Lake on the campus of Peking University in Beijing, China. The lotus flowers only bloom for a short time, so I was thrilled to see one in person!


August 2005. This is my nephew when he was only sixth months old. (He's five now!) My sister and brother-in-law adopted this adorable little guy from Guatemala, and I love him to pieces.


March 2006. This photo was taken when I was visiting some missionary friends in Lima, Peru. These kids' parents recycle plastics and cans and anything else that can be salvaged for a living, and they essentially live in a garbage dump of sorts.


November 2006. I love this picture from our wedding!


June 2010. This is Kev watching the sun set over Lake Superior along Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. The UP is one of our favorite place to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment